Saturday, July 19, 2014

Brain Dump - July 19th

Click here to read the previous brain dump.

Click here to read Cetelia's brain dumps.



Note: Although I'm trying to catch as many errors as I can, please overlook any typos, grammatical mistakes, missing words, and mispellings you find in this post (yeah, I misspelled "misspellings" on purpose to give you some practice at overlooking any other mistakes you see).


a. It has been four days since I dumped my mind online. Some folks have wondered if we're still alive, so I thought I'd post something tonight. ;-)

b. This past week was full of non-stop work. In fact, I've worked so much and so hard on my computer, my body is tired.

c. I'm thankful [now] that I begin implementing a Sabbath day prior to leaving NC. I've honored it since I've been in Texas, and it has been helpful.

d. You may be familiar with God's command in the Garden of Eden for man to work six days and rest on the seventh day.This is the same command he gave with tilling the land - except it was in years instead of days:

Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'When you enter the land I am going to give you, the land itself must observe a sabbath to the LORD. But in the seventh year the land is to have a year of sabbath rest, a sabbath to the LORD. Do not sow your fields or prune your vineyards. Do not reap what grows of itself or harvest the grapes of your untended vines. The land is to have a year of rest. (Leviticus 25:3-5)

e. There's something about that rest period (speaking in terms of physical rest now). There's a rejuvenation that takes place. There's an opportunity to reflect on the activity, which can lead to even more effective activity (says management guru Peter Drucker).

f. A lot of people hate Monday (like him), and Monday gets some people down (like her). However, by the time Sunday evening rolls around, I can barely wait for Monday to start because I'm so amped up by the rest and time away from trying to solve a marriage or technical problem.

g. On a lighter note, I want to give a couple of shoutouts to two people who have asked why they haven't seen their name in the brain dumps. So, Todd & Amber, here you go. ;-)

h. On a thankful note, I learned tonight that my godson's mother, Brandi, was in an accident this morning that ended with her car flipping twice, landing upside down, and her walking away. After you see the pics, you'll see why I'm so thankful she's alive & only banged up. Click here for some pics and her reaction.

i. Each night we pray as a family, and each person individually offers a prayer that begins with an attribute. Tonight's attributes were Cornerstone; Powerful; Messiah: Great in power, mighty in strength; and Keeper. The first three came from my kids. It's great to hear them addressing our Heavenly Father this way. I pray they'll grow up experiencing God being these very things in their life.