Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Brain Dump - July 15th

Click here to read the previous brain dump.

Click here to read Cetelia's brain dumps.



Note: Although I'm trying to catch as many errors as I can, please overlook any typos, grammatical mistakes, missing words, and mispellings you find in this post (yeah, I misspelled "misspellings" on purpose to give you some practice at overlooking any other mistakes you see).


a. Today I celebrated 14 years of marriage with Cetelia. When we first married, it seems [to me] that I was following what God told me to do. Sure, I cared about her and was heavily attracted to her, but I really didn't know her that well. We were friends, but not BFFs.

b. Fourteen years later, she's my bestie. I'm continually learning to love her, and she's learning to love me.

c. We have both changed a lot since we married, and will continue to do so. The key, therefore, is for us both to remain patient with one another.

d. Colossians 3:12-15 seems to hold good instruction for us (and any married couple that plans to stay together for life): 

Therefore, God’s chosen ones, holy and loved, put on heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, accepting one another and forgiving one another if anyone has a complaint against another. Just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must also forgive. Above all, put on love—the perfect bond of unity. 

e. I love you, Cetelia. I know I aggravate you at times, and you have to bite your lip to keep from blasting me (you're so cute when you're angry!). Thanks for being compassionate, kind, humble, gentle, and patient. You accept me and forgive me - even as you have complaints against me. Thanks for being committed to walking in love so our marriage can work.