Monday, July 14, 2014

Brain Dump - July 14th

Click here to read the previous brain dump.

Click here to read Cetelia's brain dumps.



Note: Although I'm trying to catch as many errors as I can, please overlook any typos, grammatical mistakes, missing words, and mispellings you find in this post (yeah, I misspelled "misspellings" on purpose to give you some practice at overlooking any other mistakes you see).


a. I feel like I'm in Texas now. I saw a guy riding a horse down the road today. He had on cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. The only jarring part was that he was on a cellphone. Never seen that before.

b. For the past few days I've been choosing joy, viz., I've been bringing myself back to this place of choosing to be okay with my lot, and looking for God's hand in it all.

c. The scripture that has ministered to me the most has been Romans 15:13, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." 

d. I love this verse for several reasons:

  • It reminds me that God, himself, is full of hope
  • He's able to fill me with all joy and peace
  • I'm filled with this joy and peace to the degree that I trust in him
  • The result is that I, too, will overflow with hope (like the God of hope)
  • Finally, this isn't some "hope" I conjure up. It's hope given by the God's Spirit.

e. I first became familiar with the verse when I heard it in a song many years ago. Click here to listen to this powerful verse in song.

f. I found another version of this song. Click here to see/hear it. (side note: if the person responsible for aligning the words being sung with the words on the screen worked at a church, he'd get fired as soon as praise & worship was over).

g. Today was Kuria Joy Bullard day. Each person in our family is celebrated 6 months after/before their birthday. The recipient gets a small gift just to show that he/she is loved. 

h. Although Cetelia bought KJ two gifts from us, KJ checked me for not giving her anything personally. I'm thinking her love language might be receiving of gifts.